GHOSTS

by Henrik Ibsen

Ghosts was performed in conjuction with the Directing Modern Plays graduate class.  Influenced by the theoretical conventions of realism and naturalism, the actors and myself worked to find the action, honesty and intention of the scene.  Themes of control, protection and the sins of the father were explored as we mounted the final scene of Ibsen's play about the lies buried within a family.



"Chris had very clear ideas of what he wanted visually, and he explained these very effectively.  He also gave us clear direction in terms of our characters, all the while giving us freedom to explore and make discoveries."--Cast Member

"All in all, it was such a delight to work with Chris!  I had a great time while producing a quality product."--Cast Member

"I loved working with Chris, and I felt like I gained so much from the experience.  He was enthusiastic, creative, eloquent, even keeled [and] thorough."--Cast Member